Reporting to: Head of Finance
Reportees: Accounts Officers
Salary Range: 50,000-65,000 gross + other benefits
Location: Mombasa Road, Nairobi
Number of Positions: One (1) Position
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Carrying out Vat and CST working and filing;
- Handling Vat refund applications;
- Responsible for Vat audit -working, computation, filling and filing of form;
- Handling Vat refund procedure and correspondence with KRA;
- Handling KRA working and payment verification;
- Preparing and filing KRA returns (salary and non-salary);
- Corresponding with KRA departments and filling responses to notices;
- Responsible for tax deduction calculation on staff salaries and benefits;
- Preparing accounts for subsidiaries of the company;
- Co-ordination with bankers for documents and submissions with KRA and other banking compliances;
- Payment voucher approval and control to avoid non-compliances in statutory payments;
- Maintaining company accounts in tally;
- Handling monthly EPZ /KRA returns;
- Preparation of monthly finance reports (MIS);
- Providing finance related data to company secretary;
- Preparation of standalone and consolidated balance sheets;
- Proof reading the annual finance report and capitalization chart;
- Co-ordination with statutory and tax auditors;
- Proof reading of board meeting folders.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS (QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXEPRIENCE)
- A holder of B.Com finance or any other suitable degree in finance from a reputable institution/university;
- Holder of a proffesional CPA or ACCA qualification will be a plus;
- Working experience of 4-6 years in a similar set up;
- Working knowledge of KRA taxation procedures and policies;
- Experience with Tally Software is a plus;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Team player with excellent people skills.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful Finance career move in the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Lead,
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 14th January 2022.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.