1. CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
Reporting to the CEO, the role holder will be responsible for overseeing the sales and business development operations side of the business in line with established plans and strategies. They will generate new strategies and work plans for growing the market share and ensuring high return products are rolled out in the market.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Sector Heads
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Positions: One (1) Position
Key Role Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Represent the business side of the organization in senior leadership team meetings.
- Execute senior management meetings touching on sales and business development.
- Provide the critical interface between top management and other staff at functional, departmental and branch levels.
- Actively and cascade to all staff all decisions and directives from the senior management/executive.
- Constantly provide the Sector CEO with information on the running of the business.
- Provide oversight and management for the day to day running of the company.
- Deputize the CEO on internal and external interactions and meetings.
- Building and sustaining a differentiated customer experience that strengthens existing relationships and creates new ones.
- Championing staff and customer through effective leadership and excellent people skills.
- Growing and expanding customer interaction and access channels for growth of loan book and market penetration.
- Integrating various functions to ensure seamless delivery of customer service
- Managing staff levels in liaison with the HR department to ensure market coverage and efficiency.
- Promoting marketing efforts including cross-selling and up-selling efforts to meet target goals among front line positions
- Providing operational support for Service Delivery and customer service and experience.
- Promoting and implementing a strong culture of service delivery and sales closure in a highly professional manner.
- Developing and implementing business development programs of the company by promoting services directly to potential and current customers, evaluating opportunities for new or revised credit services for review by the CEO and Monitoring products and services of competing financial institutions while proposing modifications to products and services as necessary
- Supervising delivery of services to customers to meet timeliness and accuracy, prompt response to inquiries and confidentiality of customer transactions.
- Investigating and resolving member complaints in coordination with relevant management team.
- Approving customer disbursements after due diligence and checking compliance with established credit approval limits.
- Developing best practice by training and mentoring staff to maximize customer satisfaction and referrals.
- Recommending new and revised operating procedures to the CEO to cover company assets and information, customer files and records, compliance with the law and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting performance reviews and evaluations of subordinates while giving feedback to support performance improvement.
- Maintaining an effective communication system with employees across the entire organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the fast-growing Credit Finance Sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
The Talent & Human Capital Lead,
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Kindly indicate your EXPECTED SALARY in your CV or application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2022.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
- Only shortlisting candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not hear from us by Friday 24th October 2022, consider your application unsuccessful but your CV will remain in our database for future consideration.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.