4. BRANCH TEAM LEADER/CREDIT MANAGER
Reporting to the sector head functionally and the Head of Operations administratively, the role holder will be responsible for day-to-day management of the branch, branch profitability, loan book growth and collections.
Reports To: Sector Head
Supervises: Branch Team
Location: Nairobi, Embu, Narok, Meru
Number of Positions: Seven (7) Positions
Key Role Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Provides the interface between the CEO and the branch staff.
- Actively cascades to the staff all decisions and directives from the Executive.
- Constantly provides the CEO with feedback information on the running of the branch.
- Provides oversight and management for the day to day running of the branch.
- Attends company quality meeting and all meetings on behalf of the branch.
- Member of the Branch Executive Committee
Growth of the Loan Book
- Ensure the loan book grows as projected through continuous product development and value proposition.
- Actively participate in effective market penetration.
- Proactively manage cost to ensure product profitability.
- In collaboration with the CEO, and strategy team, develop a market penetration strategy that clearly identifies target markets and offer a new and innovative approaches to reach customers, in line with the company’s vision.
- Oversee sales and marketing execution in the branch to bring in qualified customers, provide customers with a positive experience and efficient management of customer pipeline.
- Set appropriate sales targets for the staff and monitor progress towards achieving the same and adjusting as necessary.
- Ensures product quality is within expected standards.
- Ensure quality credit appraisals for all applications in the branch.
- Together with branch staff, keenly manage all non-performing loans to maintain quality of the book.
- Maintains and updates tools for monitoring credit.
- Chairs the Branch Credit Committee.
- Together with the branch staff, develop strategies to maintain and continuously improve service to the customers.
- Ensures zero tolerance to customer complaints – both internally and externally.
- Ensures that the set Turn Around Time is adhered to by all branch staff.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of customer information.
- Communicates unsuccessful credit applications to the customers in a professional manner.
Human Resource Management
- Provides authentic leadership to the staff at the branch level.
- Develops staff competencies and skills through continuous training of products and policies for performance improvement as per set targets and standards.
- In charge of leave management at the branch
- Ensure practical shadow positioning at the branch.
- Ensure successful portfolio transfer during normal leave and staff exits.
- In charge of Human Resource Administration at the branch including hiring, disciplinary action, staff documentation and filling, employee relations.
- Maintains high level of team spirit.
- Constantly articulates the strategic intent of the company’s mission and core values.
- Mentor and guides the staff.
Policies and procedures
- Custodian of policies, processes, and products manuals - both soft and hard copies.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
- In charge of the branch assets.
- Ensure that adequate security is provided in the branch for both the branch staff and customers to transact.
- Ensure quarterly and annual reports for the product are prepared on time.
- Ensures that issues raised during branch audit are addressed.
- Endeavor to create a conducive and clean environment that promote good health and wellbeing of the staff and the customers.
- Ensures branch contingency planning is operational including backups of branch data on weekly basis.
- Perform any other role assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Person Specification (Qualifications, Experience and Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in any Business field from a recognized university /CPA/Credit certification or
- Diploma in Business field from a recognized institution of higher learning / Credit certification or any other candidate who has demonstrated qualities of a QGL/AQGL.
- At least 3 years practical working experience at a senior level in Credit in a Credit Company or in a MFI/Finance Institution.
- Leadership skills.
- Report writing skills, Excellent skills in analysis of Financials, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the fast-growing Credit Finance Sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
The Talent & Human Capital Lead,
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email email@example.com
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Kindly indicate your EXPECTED SALARY in your CV or application.
- Kindly indicate your Preferred Branch in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2022.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
- Only shortlisting candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not hear from us by Friday 24th October 2022, consider your application unsuccessful but your CV will remain in our database for future consideration.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.