3. ASSISTANT SECTOR HEAD
Reporting to the sector head, the role holder will be responsible for overseeing the sales and business development operations of the sector they represent namely Corporate & SME Loans, Express Motor (Logbook loans), Micro-Loans, Boda-boda Loans and Salary Loans.
Reports To: Sector Head
Supervises: Sector Heads
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Positions: Five (5) Positions
Key Role Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Ensure the loan book grows as projected through continuous product development and value proposition.
- Actively develop and review products for the sector.
- Actively participate in effective market penetration.
- Proactively manage cost to ensure sector profitability.
- In collaboration with the Sector Head-Micro and the top management, develop a market penetration strategy that clearly identifies target markets and offers new and innovative approaches to reaching customers, in line with the Company's vision.
- Oversee sector’s annual plan and execution in all branches.
- Guide, coordinate and review sector’s marketing activities countrywide.
- Set appropriate sector targets for the staff and monitor progress towards achieving the same and adjusting as necessary.
- Ensure sector quality is within expected standards
- Together with sector staff, keenly manage all non-performing loans to maintain quality of the book
- Maintain and update quality reports in liaison with sector staff
Leadership, Growth & Customer Service
- Provide authentic leadership to sector staff.
- Directly in charge of sector staff productivity.
- Develop staff competencies and skills through continuous training of products and policies for performance improvement as per set targets and standards.
- Oversees portfolio transfer in the sector (on staff exit or transfer) through liaison with branch and Head Office management.
- In liaison with Human Resource Department, conduct effective Human Resource Administration in the sector.
- Maintain high level of team spirit.
- Constantly articulate the strategic intent of the company's mission and core values
- Mentor and coach sector staff.
- Together with the staff, develop strategies to maintain and continuously improve service to the customers.
- Ensure zero tolerance to customer complaints-both internal and external.
- Ensure that the set Turn Around Time is adhered to by all sector staff.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality of customers’ information
- Ensure 100% integrity in sector
- Provide the interface between top management and the sector staff.
- Actively cascade to the staff all decisions and directives from the executive.
- Constantly provide the Sector Head and the CEO with feedback information on the running of the sector.
- Provide oversight and management for the day to day running of the Sector.
Person Specification (Qualifications, Experience and Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in any Business field from a recognized university/CPA/Credit Certification
- Holder of a Diploma/Credit Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years practical working experience at a senior level in an MFI/ Credit Company/Financial institution.
- Report writing skills, Excellent skills in analysis of Financials, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates very strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge in IT skills (MSOffice- must be very good in Excel)
- Maturity, honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the fast-growing Credit Finance Sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
The Talent & Human Capital Lead,
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Kindly indicate your EXPECTED SALARY in your CV or application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2022.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
- Only shortlisting candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not hear from us by Friday 24th October 2022, consider your application unsuccessful but your CV will remain in our database for future consideration.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.